notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of One Strange Christmas (A Christmas book for children) by Nicola Palmer

One Strange Christmas - Nicola Palmer

A Christmas story for children aged 9+ and big kids too.

Jake had been expecting a very ordinary Christmas - until he opened the curtains and saw it. All he had wished for was some snow and a bit of excitement!

Christmas Day brings news reporters, mysterious messages, a magical gift from an unknown friend – and all this before lunch!

A spectacular surprise awaits at the bottom of the garden and before night falls, Jake makes a startling discovery about his future.

Christmas will never be the same again!

Review 5*****

This is a fabulous and magical story for children. I loved it!

Jake is a wonderful young boy. At 9 years old, he is a very curious and resourceful person. One day he makes a wish that changes his life.

I downloaded this book last Christmas when it was released, but unfortunately wasn't able to get to read it until now. This is a fantastic story that is extremely humourous and touching. I loved meeting Jake and his family; they are your typical family, with their own peculiarities. However, there is a great mystery afoot, in the form of a suddenly appearing snow globe, and street full of blue snow. The mystery only deepens when an elf called Eric comes to the house, with an invitation that Jake cannot refuse.
This is a charming Christmas tale that had me giggling, and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I loved meeting all the characters, especially Sid, the snowman, who's wish for a tangerine for a nose instead of a carrot had me grinning. Not to mention Santa! The mystery of the blue snow is solved in jaw dropping fashion, and Santa has a proposition for Jake that is totally mind-blowing! I was completely envious of Jake, and wonder if he will be visiting Santa again this coming Christmas!

Nicola Palmer has written a fantastic Christmas story that is extremely entertaining, and will keep young readers hooked from the first page! I love this authors writing style, which is fast paced, but easy enough for young readers to follow. I love her Alice Parker series too, and I am looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

I highly recommend this book for both boys and girls aged 9+ as either a stocking filler, or as a "just because" gift. However, I also recommend this book to adults who love the YA genre, or who are young at heart. - Lynn Worton