notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of Sea-Change by P.W. Fox

Sea-Change - P. W. Fox

In this fantasy novella, a young bride-to-be, betrayed by her fiance, escapes her captors and makes use of ancestral lore to change her dismal fate and seek revenge. By invoking the ancient powers, she becomes, in fact, the son her father never had. But she has only two weeks, until the time of the new moon, to get back to her home country and confront her betrayer before the spell ends and she becomes a woman again.

Review 4****

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a short fantasy novella.

Selena is the daughter of the Duke of Benfield. She is a young woman with a knowledge of witchcraft, but she has also been trained in the art of weaponry.

I am not sure if I liked this character, as this novella was too short to get to know her very well. However, I can understand why she would go to such lengths to exact revenge. Nevertheless, I completely disagree with vigilante bent of her temper; although, I did snigger at the creative way she went about it.
The change from feminine to male point of view was a bit confusing, and I struggled to wrap my head around the pronouns. That being said, the writing was quite inventive, and the story was very entertaining. The ending had me grinning, but I also did feel sorry for Osmund, even though he did deserve his punishment. It's a pity that the spell cannot be used for real today!

P.W. Fox has written an intriguing novella. I enjoyed his writing style, and look forward to reading more of this author's work.

I recommend this novella for lovers of fantasy and paranormal genres, or if you are looking for a quick read between books. - Lynn Worton