notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Tamed by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 13)
Felicity E. Heaton
Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James

Book Review of Madeleine Abducted (The Estate Series) by M.S. Willis

Madeleine Abducted - M.S. Willis

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a gripping story! I loved it!

Madeleine Clark is an introverted character, who shines when she plays her cello. I liked this character very much. She has an inner strength that I think surprises herself, never mind me! I shudder to think what I would do in her situation, but she keeps her wits about her and overcomes some major issues to come into her own.

Aaron Carmichael is a very dark character. He is not necessarily a nice man, but he does have a conscience. He is a brutal killer, but when he is "gifted" Madeleine by his father, he finds himself in the role as her master and protector.

This is not the easiest of books to review, because there is so much I want to say, but cannot because of spoilers! This is a story that completely captured my attention from the first page until the last. I struggled to put it down, and was rather put out when I had to! This story is told through three points of view, Maddie's, Aaron's and Aaron's friend and bodyguard, Xander. This is not the nicest of stories out there, as there is violence and abuse, not to mention kidnapping in it, but it also brings to life the real dangers that women face, like being kidnapped and used as slaves. Aaron may be a dark character, but his father is a total monster! I shuddered at reading about his depravity! This book has some shocking scenes that made my blood run cold, but it is the interaction between Aaron and Maddie that had me having hot flushes! Talk about steamy - and that's not including the bedroom scenes! It was interesting to see how their relationship developed. Although, the thought did cross my mind that psychologists would have a field day with this book and say that Maddie had a serious case of The Stockholm Syndrome! However, I think that Maddie and Aaron are both victims of Aaron's father's brutality and make a fantastic couple. I hope they have a long and happy life together!

M.S. Willis has written a compellingly dark romance that took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I love her writing style, which can be brutal in content, but it's fast paced and exciting to read. She is one of my favourite authors, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the Estate series.

As this book deals with some highly disturbing themes (sexual abuse and violence), I do not recommend this book to readers younger than 18 or those of a nervous disposition. However, I do recommend it if you love gritty romances with strong heroines. - Lynn Worton