notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of Halo City by Mary Ting

Halo City - Mary Ting

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a novella that I really loved!

Michael is an Alkin/Nephilim (half angel, half human), who had joined Aden when he rebelled against the council.

This novella is the back story to Michael and how he arrives at Halo City. This shows his struggle to fit in with the other Alkins, and how his friendship with them began. This story also shows Michael's point of view of the beginning of Crossroads, where he first meets Claudia. I loved seeing things from Michael's point of view, as it made me understand and like him more! He may not have been a nice person to begin with, but as he lets down his guard and becomes more secure in his friendship with Davin and the other Alkins, he becomes a better person.

Mary Ting brings her characters to life, and it has been a pleasure to read her books. I hope to read more of her stories in the future!

I highly recommend reading this novella (as well as the whole Crossroads Saga) if you love YA, Paranormal Romance or stories with Angels, Demons, Nephilim and Alkins. - Lynn Worton