notrow1

Progress: 100 %
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Book Review of Tamed by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 13) by Felicity Heaton

Tamed by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 13) - Felicity E. Heaton

A snow leopard shifter in the prime of his life, the last thing on August’s mind is tying himself to one female. He welcomes a different one to his bed each night, or at least he had until five months ago when he became alpha. The duties and pressures of running his pride have his libido dead on arrival—until a trip to London to discuss business with the former alpha lands him in the path of a beautiful, bewitching tigress who awakens a passion in him that flares white hot and a need of her that consumes his every moment.

Promised at birth to a male she has never met, Maya has left her pride behind to go to the tiger alpha who is to be her mate, but she can’t leave without saying goodbye to her older brother, Talon. A stop in London at Underworld to see him one last time turns out far different, and far more dangerous, than how she had imagined it when she sets eyes on an alluring crimson-haired stranger who stirs new, unbidden feelings in her, desires that rouse her fiercest and most frightening instincts and demand she stake a claim on him—her fated mate.

Will Maya be strong enough to place her pride and her family’s safety before the desires of her own heart? And will August unravel his feelings for the black-haired beauty before it’s too late and he loses her forever?

Review 4*

This is the thirteenth book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

August is a wonderful character. I really liked him. I met him briefly in Craved by an Alpha (Book 5) as he's Cavanaugh's cousin, so I'm glad to get to know him better. He has taken on the mantle of Alpha of the snow leopard pride due to Cavanaugh abdicating to be with Eloise as her mate. August finds being alpha rather stressful, so visits his cousin to ask his opinion and get advice. He wasn't looking for love, but when he meets a female tiger shifter, he is instantly attracted to her. However, there's a problem, she's been promised to a tiger of another pride.

Maya is also another wonderful character that I liked. She is strong and feisty, but when her brother (and alpha) Byron insists she fulfil the pact that she marry the alpha of a rival pride made when she was born, she sets off to London with her brother Grey to say goodbye to her other brother, Talon. Knowing it's a political marriage, she is unprepared for the instant attraction she feels for her eternal mate, August. Will she follow her brother's instruction, or will she follow her heart?

I absolutely love the Eternal Mates world. I started to read this book and I was quickly pulled in. It kept me riveted from beginning to end.

The story is told through the eyes of both August and Maya, which gives the reader a chance to see their thoughts and feelings. The heat between the main characters blazed white hot. I would have liked to have had a scene where the two "meet" from August's POV. Maya's reaction was extreme, but August came across as rather cold and uncaring. Maybe this is because Maya realised he was her mate first. I don't really know. However, I felt that Maya came across as rather crazy. The transitional flow from that scene to the next was also not as smooth as it could have been.

Having said that, I love the way the story swept me up and spit me out on a roller coaster ride of emotion. The characters living within the Eternal Mates universe have a strength within them that helps them to survive. However, they also have flaws and fears, which makes them lifelike and relatable. I did feel that this story was a little rushed and I would have loved for it to be a little longer, with more of a plot line or sub plot/ story arc as I feel this series is beginning to tire somewhat. Nevertheless, I can't wait to read Grey's story, which is the next book in the series and is due to be released on the 9th September 2017.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her fast paced writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is on top of my favourite author's list.

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons, demons and demonesses. - Lynn Worton