notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Book Review of Turned by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 12) by Felicity Heaton

Turned by a Tiger  - Felicity E. Heaton

On the verge of bleeding out and hunted by his merciless torturers, Talon has no choice but to seek sanctuary at Underworld, a nightclub run by a jaguar shifter liable to kill him on sight for being a tiger shifter male. What he finds in the old warehouse isn’t the grim shadow of Death though but an angel of mercy, one who offers him salvation and revenge—one who happens to be his fated mate.

Tending bar at Underworld is never dull when you’re a mortal surrounded by immortals, but when a gorgeous tiger shifter covered in blood stumbles into the club, and set’s fire to her boss’s temper, Sherry’s entire world is in danger of being turned on its head. Something about the mysterious warrior has her stepping in to save him, something that ignites her heart and stirs her soul, and no matter how fiercely she fights it, she can’t hold herself back.

When Talon reveals the name of his captors, and his plan to head back in to save his friends, will Sherry be brave enough to embrace the feelings he stirs in her and step deeper into the world of immortals? And will Talon be strong enough to resist the lure of Sherry to protect his family’s secret or will he risk everything to claim his eternal mate?

Review 4*

This is the twelfth book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Talon is an intriguing character and I really liked him a lot. He is a tiger shifter sent on a mission but was captured returning home. Badly injured, he escapes and seeks help from the owner of Underworld, Kyter. Not looking for his fated mate, he is stunned when he meets her at the club and realises that she is human. However, he is also hiding a secret that could potentially break them apart.

Sherry is also a wonderful character. I liked her a lot. She is strong, feisty and determined. When an injured stranger appears at Underworld where she tends bar, she finds herself drawn to him. Having been around shifters for ten years she is used to dealing with them, but this tiger shifter is different. As danger threatens to tear them apart, will Talon reveal his secret?

I absolutely love the Eternal Mates world. I started to read this book and I was quickly pulled in. It kept me riveted from beginning to end.

The story is told through the eyes of both Talon and Sherry, which gives the reader a chance to see their thoughts and feelings. The heat between the main characters blazed white hot. I loved Sherry's teasing of Talon by calling him 'Tony'. If you've never watched the TV ad, you may not get it. However, it made me smile.

I love the way the story swept me up and spit me out on a roller coaster ride of emotion. The characters living within the Eternal Mates universe have a strength within them that helps them to survive. However, they also have flaws and fears, which makes them lifelike and relatable.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her fast paced writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is on top of my favourite author's list.

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons, demons and demonesses. - Lynn Worton