notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Tamed by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 13)
Felicity E. Heaton
Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James

Book Review of Inferno (The Gryphon Series Book 6) by Stacey Rourke

Inferno (The Gryphon Series Book 6) - Stacey Rourke

With the death of a hero, a dark force has risen. A hellhound is loose on the Rhodes Campus, building its pack with a bloody body count. Any hope for salvation rests in the fiery hands of dashing Irishman, Caleb, with his power over the elements. Fighting to save a dear friend from the internal monster consuming him, Caleb finds the love of his life a target for the vicious attacks. How far will he go to save Celeste from the destiny ravenous to claim her?

Review 4*

This is the sixth book in the Gryphon Series. I absolutely loved it!

Caleb is a charming character. I really liked him when he was introduced in Embrace. After having had his memory erased by the Gryphon in attempt to keep Celeste safe, he now finds himself tracking his best friend who has been possessed by a Hellhound.

Inferno continues from the end of Descent, and is now told through the eyes of Caleb. He teams up with Terin, the conduit for the Phoenix, in an attempt to rescue Rowan Wade from being possessed by a Hellhound. I found myself thrown back into an emotional roller coaster as the story unfolded. I don't think I was even over the shock of the ending of Descent to be honest. As the story unfolded, I cheered on Caleb as he tried to find a way to save his friend. There are several twists and turns that I didn't see coming, and Caleb had difficult decisions to make that made my heart hurt for him. We also get to meet the Dark Army Glee Club, though they are not so gleeful this time.

I have a couple of complaints though. Firstly, the story was too short! Secondly, I found it was missing the charmingly snarky wittiness I had come to expect from the author, though Caleb tried his best. Granted, this was a more seriously toned story, but I missed the snarky overtones. The ending was a huge surprise, with another cliffhanger. I really wanted to hurt the author for doing that. However, I will just have to settle for calling her names in my head (#KiddingNotKidding).

Stacey Rourke has written a fantastic YA series. I absolutely love her writing style, which is fast paced and witty, and the story flows wonderfully. This author has the amazing ability to draw you into a story, make you love the characters and then rip your heart out, leave a bleeding mess where it once resided then leave you begging for more; I hate this about her, but I also love her for it too! I am a huge fan of this author and will read anything she writes in the future.

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series) if you love witty, sarcastic YA Romances filled with an array of various magical and mystical beings, namely lions, angels, gnomes, dragons, centaurs, demons and (of course!) Gryphons! - Lynn Worton