notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

Book Review of Conflict (Control #2) by M.S. Willis

Conflict (Control) - M.S. Willis

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Control series. I loved it!

Paige Stone is a strongly stubborn individual. I loved this character's determination to find Chris after the brutal attack. Unfortunately, she is a bit reckless at times, which nearly gave me a heart attack, never mind Daemon!

Daemon Pierce is sexy, handsome and downright ticked off with Paige! I originally thought he was a bit of a jerk. However, by the end of the first book, I was smitten! I love his protective streak, but he tends to be a bit overbearing at times.

The story continues from the end of the first book, and it is a real page turner - I struggled to put the book down! One thing I love about this story is how the characters come alive! David is still one of my favourites - he makes me laugh with his antics. However, Chris is on the other side of the scale - he made my skin crawl! Just thinking about him makes me shudder!
The chemistry between Paige and Daemon is explosive, to say the least! The pages fairly spark and sizzle, even though sometimes all they are doing is sitting in the same room. It was nice to have had my suspicions confirmed about something towards the end of the book though! This confirmation made me want to read the next book, Conquer, as soon as possible!

M.S. Willis has written a fantastic New Adult romance that was disturbing in places and touching in others. I love her writing style, which is fast paced, and the story flowed beautifully. I am adding her to my Favourite Authors list!

Due to some scenes of violence and those of a sexual nature, I do not recommend this book (or series) to younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love hot and spicy romances. - Lynn Worton