notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of The 12th Year Awakening; Amelia Maylock Book 1 by Jason Ellis

Amelia Maylock, book one; The 12th year awakening. (Amelia Maylock) - Jason Ellis

This is a fantastic YA fantasy for children! I loved it!

Amelia Maylock is a fantastic character. She is a normal young girl, or so she thinks, but she soon finds out that she isn't; she is a witch and has powers she never knew she had. I really liked this character as she struggles to accept that her whole life has been turned upside down. She is courageous and brave, but also extremely confused and frightened.

I had previously read another book series by this author and loved it, so I knew that I would enjoy this one. I was correct! This is an exciting start to a series; I found myself hooked from the first page! There are some great characters in this book. I really enjoyed meeting Anin and the old hag (her real name!). The old hag thinks she's a comedian! I must admit that I did snigger at a few of her comments, they were quite witty! However, it's not all fun and games in this story. There is danger in the form of Amelia's twin sister, Erryaz. We only get to meet her once, but once was enough! She's quite scary! I'm not sure how she became so evil, but I hope to find out by reading the other books in the series.
The story is told with young readers in mind, so there are no big words to confuse them as they journey with Amelia to fantastic worlds (dimensions) and meet new friends and a scary enemy. The story has a blend of fantasy and reality that will appeal to youngsters and keep them entertained. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series to find out what happens next!

Jason Ellis has written a fast paced story that flowed well and kept me turning the pages! I really enjoy his writing style, as it allowed my imagination to take flight!

I highly recommend this book (and series) to not only boys and girls aged between 9 to 14, but to adults who love the younger YA genre. - Lynn Worton