notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Progress: 200/200 pages
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Book Review of Merlin's Vow (The Camelot Inheritance ~ Book 3): A mystery fantasy book for teens and older children age 10 -14 by Rosie Morgan

Merlin's Vow - Rosie Morgan

The magic is moving, but Tamar Tamblyn - one of Cornwall’s four teenage Guardians - is stranded at Trezion’s Christmas fair, miles from her fellow Guardians.
Will Arthur, Nick or Gawain reach her before their enemies close in … or will the Ice lady claim her prize?

Who is the mysterious Dr Columbarius?

Why has Tamar been invited to Oakwood Manor?

And since when did time travel mess with molecules – or become quite so dangerous?

This is the story of four teenagers, some ancient knights and a dragon (a very tiny one), pitted against time-defying enemies. Camelot is calling.

Review 4*

This is the third book in The Camelot Inheritance Series for middle grade children that takes the myths and legends of Arthur (that's King Arthur to you!) and gives it a modern twist. I loved it!

Arthur Penhaligon is a fantastic character. He is a young man with an amazing destiny - he is a Guardian of Cornwall. I really liked this character when I first met him in The Golden Sword. He has done a bit of growing up over the year or so since he found out he was a guardian, but there is still danger lurking, and Arthur and his friends, Nick, Gawain and Tamar, are in for another adventure.

This is a fantastic adventure series set in Cornwall, England. I have been eagerly waiting for this story, because I wanted to know what the intrepid quartet had been up to since the end of the second book, The Time Smugglers.

This tale is told from several different points of view, which I found most interesting, and kept me hooked from the first page. This time, the tale is told mainly through the eyes of Tamar and Nick rather than Arthur and I was quickly swept back into their lives. We are also introduced to Rozen, a young girl who has a destiny tied to the others. There are a few characters from the other books that make another appearance, mainly the Watcher's and the Writer. These are enigmatic characters that bring their own kind of intrigue to the tale. Why are they watching? Why are they recording events? These questions and more floated round my head once more. We also get to meet Merlin for the first time. He's an enigmatic character who hides many secrets. I liked him though. I will say, however, that the Ice Lady is one creepy villain and I loved to hate her. This story is a mix of adventure, myth and magic that will keep younger readers completely hooked. I didn't find this story as dark and atmospheric as the first book in the series. However, there is an emotional undertow that grabbed me and didn't let go until I'd finished the story.

Rosie Morgan has written an exciting adventure series for children. I am a huge fan. I love her writing style, which is fast paced, and I loved the way the story flowed. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series as soon as possible.

I highly recommend this story to both boys and girls in the 7 to 14 age range. However, I also recommend this book to adults if you love YA or fantasy genres. - Lynn Worton