notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 11) by Felicity Heaton

Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 11) - Felicity E. Heaton

A ruthless vampire warrior, Grave Van der Garde rules the mercenary Preux Chevaliers with an iron fist, determined to retain his hard-won position as one of the most powerful men in Hell and his reputation as the heartless King of Death. But beneath the cold façade beats the heart of a vampire torn between love and hate, ripped in two directions by a single ethereally beautiful female—his fated phantom mate.

Driven by her phantom instincts, Isla used a spell to make her solid in order to deceive the vampire who killed her sister’s demon mate and have revenge on him, condemning him with a single kiss to become a phantom too. But her plan took an unexpected turn when she fell in love with him, and with her new life, and the night she betrayed him shattered both of their hearts. Now, he lives to make her suffer through their connection, one that is fading with them as they begin to slip into the phantom world, and she must face the monster she created if she is to save herself and the vampire she still loves.

With a demon from Grave’s past determined to destroy him and everything he holds dear, and the clock ticking down to their inevitable doom, can he and Isla overcome their past and their pride to work together to secure the future they both desire deep in their hearts? Or will death finally catch up with the vampire king and his phantom mate?

Review 5*

This is the eleventh book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Isla is a likable character. She was first introduced to the reader in the ninth book, Possessed by a Dark Warrior as Queen Melia's advisor though she is her sister. She also happens to be a phantom who has taken a solid form in order to avenge the death of her sister's husband. However, it doesn't exactly go to plan and she ended up falling for Grave. After breaking her own heart she had her revenge, but things are not that easy and a century later, she finds that they are both fading. Now she needs to convince the vampire to help her stop it.

Grave Van der Garde is a strong alpha type character. I really liked him. He is a warrior and leader of the Preux Chevaliers, a mercenary group of vampires living in Hell who fight for the highest bidder. He fell in love with Isla but now he feels betrayal and hate towards her after she left him a century before. Unfortunately, he cannot forget her due to their bond. However, when danger threatens his family he reluctantly agrees to help Isla.

I absolutely love the Eternal Mates world. I started to read this book and I was quickly pulled in. It kept me riveted from beginning to end.

The story is told through the eyes of Grave and Isla, which gives the reader a chance to see and feel as they do. We also get to meet a few old faces from the Vampirerotique series, since Grave is a cousin to Snow (yum!) and Antoine. It was nice to see the whole lot of them again at the theatre to be honest. We are also introduced to Grave's brothers, Night and Bastian. As they only have cameo roles for the most part, I wonder if they will have their story told one day?

The heat between the main characters blazed white hot. There is a fine line between love and hate after all. Their chemistry is explosive and explicit. I must admit that I was surprised at Grave's reaction during one scene when he and Isla met the phantom mage, even though I could understand it. Nevertheless, I am glad he managed to see sense in the end.

I love the way the story swept me up and spit me out on a roller coaster ride of emotion. Hell is a dangerous place, and the characters living within it have a strength within them that helps them to survive. However, they also have flaws and fears, which makes them lifelike and relatable.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her fast paced writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is on top of my favourite author's list.

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons, demons and demonesses. - Lynn Worton