notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of The Peacekeeper's Photograph by M. L. Doyle

The Peacekeeper's Photograph (Master Sergeant Lauren Harper Mystery #1) - M.L. Doyle

I received an advanced reader copy from the author in return for an honest review.

Wow! This was an intense and suspenseful read! I loved it!

Master Sergeant Lauren Harper is a fantastic character. She is a warrior, who also loves being feminine. I loved her bravery in the face of terrible danger; in fact, I was in awe! However, I also felt she was a bit reckless. Nevertheless, I liked her very much.

I love a good mystery/suspense/thriller, and this book had all three elements. I read it from cover to cover within a matter of hours! At 306 pages long, I struggled to put this book down! Set in Bosnia in the late 1990's, this book had me sitting on the edge of my seat! Having never been in the services, I have no idea of what atrocities the brave men and women serving their various countries have seen or experienced, however I am exceedingly proud of them all. I am not sure if the author did an amazing amount of research, or she served her country in some capacity, but the descriptions of the people, places and weapons made me feel like I was actually there. I could actually hear the voices of the characters and see the scenes quite clearly! (No, I don't think I'm crazy - not yet, anyway!).
I felt that Lauren's Commanding Officer was a bit of a jerk! I can understand why he acted that way, but that doesn't excuse him in my eyes! Especially considering his subordinates need for a friend!
I would have liked to get a bit more background on Harry Fogg, but perhaps the next book in this series will have more information. I really liked that charming Brit! He made my knees go weak!
The story has several twists that kept me guessing, but it was the sheer depravity of some of the characters that disgusted me. I know that in real life war brings out the best and/or worst in people, but I sometimes wish that there are no wars at all! I am now looking forward to reading more of this debut authors work.

M. L. Doyle has written a story that was as chilling as it was exciting. She is not afraid to dig into the darker side of war and/or human trafficking and shine a light on it. Her writing style is fast paced and extremely fluid. This author is one to watch in the future.

Due to some scenes of violence and abuse, I do not recommend this book to younger readers or people with a nervous disposition. However, I highly recommend this book if you love intrigue, mystery, suspense or thriller genres. - Lynn Worton