notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan

Book Review of Silenced 2: The Overtaking by RaeBeth McGee-Buda

Silenced 2: The Overtaking (Silenced Series) - RaeBeth McGee-Buda

This is the second book in the Silenced Series. I really enjoyed it, and struggled to put it down!

Amber Brown is a very complex character, who suffers from a terrible secret - she cuts when she feels stressed or upset. I really liked her character, but wished she didn't self-harm.

This story continues from the end of the first book. Amber is devastated by the news of the death of her best friend, Sarah, and accidentally makes a fatal mistake. Her secret gets found out, but finds that Landon, her boyfriend, begins to distance himself just when she needs him the most. I really felt that Landon had been very supportive of Amber in the first book, so I was totally shocked and disappointed when he began to pull away from her. He began to act like a total jerk! I wanted to be very violent with him!
Amber, on the other hand, begins to find some answers and build her life back together. I was cheering her on! This is the story of her struggle, and how she begins to seek help. This book does have a religious aspect to it, but it is not preachy.

Depression is a silent disease that affects a lot of people in various ways. Most people have had a mild case of depression at one time or another, but others could be a danger to themselves if not helped. This book is an emotionally laden story that brings this subject into the light. Many people suffer with depression every day, and have no clue that they have it. If you suspect that you or a family member may suffer from depression, I strongly advise that help is sought as quickly as possible.

RaeBeth McGee-Buda has written a deeply touching and powerful story that is a MUST READ! I am now looking forward to reading more books by this author.

This is a fantastic book, which I highly recommend, but it also has scenes that can be disturbing for readers of a nervous disposition. - Lynn Worton