notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

Book Review of The Golden Sword by Rosie Morgan

The Golden Sword - Rosie Morgan

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the first book in a series for middle grade children that takes the myths and legends of Arthur and gives it a modern twist. I loved it!

Arthur Penhaligon is a fabulous character. I liked him very much. He is an intelligent young man, with some wonderful friends. He's a normal teenager, who loves to use his skate board and hang with his friends. Little does he know what danger awaits.

This story intrigued me. I have read many stories about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, from history text books to fictional re-tellings. King Arthur's myth and legend has intrigued many people over the years. There have been several books, TV programmes and movies made over the years. However, this book is a completely unique and modern tale that captured me from the first page! Set in Cornwall, England, this book was eerily creepy and spooky in places, especially some of the scenes on Bodmin Moor - I had chills! There are some interesting characters in this book. Arthur's friends, Nick and Tamar, are complete opposites. Nick is fun loving, and has an easy going attitude. Tamar is a more serious and studious person; she is quite logical in her thinking.
This tale has magic and myth wrapped in an exciting adventure that will capture young readers' imaginations. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

Rosie Morgan is a debut author who has written an extremely atmospheric tale that children will love. Her take on the Arthurian legend is most certainly unique! I will follow her career with interest.

I highly recommend this story to both boys and girls in the 7 to 14 age range. However, I also recommend this book to adults if you love YA or fantasy genres. - Lynn Worton