notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

Book Review of Purple by Graham J. Sharpe

Purple - Graham J. Sharpe

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This YA Fantasy book was an unexpected delight to read! I really enjoyed it.

There are four main characters, Ellie, Midge, Scott and Marty. I liked them all very much. Ellie is a very level headed young lady. Midge came across as a bit of a clumsy clots, but I found her bumbling quite endearing. Scott is an enterprising young man, with a good head for business. And Marty is a fine young man who has flashes of inspiration at odd moments.

Set in London, England, this tale was extremely eerie in places. I found that I couldn't put it down! Imagine waking up to find that all adults from the ages 18 to 65 have disappeared. This would be a teenager's dream, or so you would think! These four characters find themselves being drawn into a mystery that brings them together on adventure into the spiritual and metaphysical. There are some very unusual characters in this book that also play their part. Mr. Rupert, an 84 year old hairdresser; Pearl, an outspoken tea lady and June, a psychic. These characters all have their quirks, but I really liked Mr. Rupert. He made me laugh!
As this story is told from four points of view, the reader gets to see each of the main characters and how their lives are affected by the Purple fog. There are several twists and turns that surprised me, and kept me reading until the end.

Graham J. Sharpe has written an entertaining and thought provoking read. He has imbibed his story with charm and wit, but it also has an important message for the young readers.

I highly recommend this book to young readers between the ages of 11 and 16, but adults would enjoy this book too! - Lynn Worton