notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Progress: 200/200 pages
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Audio/Book Review of The Billionaire's Obsession: The Complete Collection: Mine for Tonight, Mine for Now, Mine Forever, Mine Completely by J.S. Scott

The Billionaire's Obsession - J. S. Scott

This complete collection of The Billionaire's Obsession includes: Mine For Tonight, Mine For Now, Mine Forever, Mine Completely

Down-on-her-luck nursing student and full-time waitress Kara Foster gets a massive blow to her already desperate financial situation that will surely find her living on the streets. Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely, and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she's never met. Will the handsome, alpha billionaire really be a solution to her problems? Or will he end up being a major complication and a danger to her emotional sanity?

Reclusive billionaire Simon Hudson would rather be behind a computer creating computer games than rubbing elbows with the elite and he knows exactly what he wants...until he meets Kara Foster. Something about Kara touches Simon in ways he's never experienced and definitely doesn't like. For over a year, Simon watches over Kara, but stubbornly refuses to admit his desire to possess her, not even to himself. But when she ends up in a situation that could very well be her destruction, Simon steps up to help her, not realizing that in saving Kara, he might very well be salvaging his own soul.

This is an erotic romance and is not intended for YA listeners. It contains graphic language, explicit sex, and other subjects not appropriate for YA listeners.

Review 4*

This is an entertaining erotic romance. I really enjoyed it.

I downloaded this in audiobook format after a recommendation from Audible due to my browsing history. I listened to the sample and decided to give it a try. This book is narrated by Elizabeth Powers, who did a wonderful job with bringing the characters to life. I did, however, think that she over acted at times and under acted on others. Nevertheless, she read the story clearly and concisely.

Kara Foster is a character I struggled to like. I found her too proud and, at times, very self-absorbed. She is a student nurse, whose life implodes when she and her roommate are evicted from their flat, not knowing that her roommate hadn't been paying the rent. When she meets Simon Hudson and he offers her a solution to her problem, Kara reluctantly accepts.

Simon Hudson is a wonderful character. I liked him a lot more than Kara. He's not had an easy childhood and has trust issues, but this hasn't stopped him from working hard to make something of himself. Having watched Kara working at his mom's restaurant for a year as a waitress, he finds himself obsessed with her. When he finds out about Kara's predicament, he offers her a way to keep studying without worry.

I started to listen to the story and became intrigued with it. As I said before, I struggled to like Kara. She is extremely independent and proud. I can understand this, but it didn't stop me from wanting to either shake some sense into her or punch her (and I'm not normally a violent person). The story is mainly told through the eyes of Kara and Simon, although there are scenes which are told through the eyes of Simon's brother, Sam, and Kara's best friend, Maddy Reynolds.

The first story, Mine For Tonight, introduces the reader to Kara and Simon and their growing relationship. In Mine For Now, Kara is struggling to figure out her feelings and is determined to keep her independence. In Mine Forever, Simon's painful past is brought to light and the two of them struggle with their own demons. In Mine Completely, Kara is dealing with some unexpected news and is worried at what this would mean for both her and Simon.

Each story is well written and kept my attention. There are several scenes of an explicit nature, including some low level kink in the form of bondage. However, I didn't find them particularly hot. Although, if I had read the story rather than listened to it, I may have found it more so. Nevertheless, I found the last scene between Kara and Simon to be very touching and sweet and I could picture it easily. I am glad I downloaded this as a full collection, as I thought that each novella would have been too short on their own. By having this as a collection, the flow of the story is not interrupted. Although I enjoyed this story, I am not sure whether I will be continuing the series.

J.S. Scott has written an entertaining erotic romance. I liked her writing style, which is fast paced and engaging, and the flow of the story is wonderful. This is the first book/series I have read by this author. However, I would consider reading more of her books in the future.

Due to the explicit sexual scenes, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. I do, however, recommend this book if you love New Adult, Erotic Contemporary Romance or Erotica genres. - Lynn Worton