notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of Hunter's Shadow (Golden State Hearts Trilogy Book 2) by Kathy DiSanto

Hunter's Shadow - Kathy Disanto

Candy Johnson was born to be a PI–sharp, shrewd, and gutsy. Unfortunately, fate didn't get the memo.

Temporarily trapped in a small-town gym teacher's life, Candy is marking time until she can make her big career change, when the mystery that's George Price drops right into her lap. Sure he's got a face and body to die for. He's also got the personality of a three-pound dumbbell and doesn't know his volleyballs from a hole in the ground. If Price is who he claims to be, Candy's Mother Theresa.

When she decides to investigate Donnerton High's newest and most aggravating faculty member, she runs across some very interesting quirks in Pinhead Price's personality–flashes of tall, dark, and dangerous she finds almost impossible to resist. Before long and against all good judgment, she starts to fall, and fall hard, for a man who bears all the earmarks of a wolf in nerd's clothing.

But what will she do when she discovers the shocking truth about George?

Review 5*

This is the second book in the Golden States Hearts Trilogy. I absolutely LOVED it!

Candy Johnson is a wonderful character. I liked her when I met her in the first book in the series, For Love or Money. She's a bit of a trouble maker, wrapped in the disguise of an gym teacher. Her curiosity knows no bounds, and has a tendency to double dare her best friend, Jen, as she did in For Love or Money. This time, her curiosity is focused on the replacement gym teacher, George Price. However, could this amateur sleuth have bitten off more than she can chew?

George Price is an enigma, wrapped in a gorgeous package. An undercover DEA agent investigating a corporation using locals to grow drugs, he finds himself intrigued with the nosy gym teacher.

This is a fun, lighthearted and entertaining read. I started to read this story and was quickly hooked. The characters are likable and lifelike. The story is quirky and the scene in the bar with Bear made me giggle. There is also plenty of intrigue and danger, as well as smoldering romance. Due to the descriptive writing, I could picture all of the scenes with clarity. When the author revealed George's real name, I breathed a sigh of relief. This character was in no way a "George Price". However, to find out what his name is, you'll just have to read the story yourself, as I'm not going to spoil it for you. I will say that once I found out what it was, I burst out laughing at the irony of it. Karma really has a sense of humour (or at least the author has).

In a way, this story was a little bittersweet for me because I haven't read a sweet romance like this for some time, and it reminded me of how much I loved to read them. I cut my romance eye teeth on books such as this as a teenager and read them faithfully for many years. As an adult, my reading habit has seen a shift in genres, but I will always have a soft spot for romances such as this one. I can't wait to read the third book in the trilogy!

Kathy DiSanto has written a fantastic, sweet contemporary romance. I love her writing style, which is neither too fast nor too slow and the flow is wonderful; each scene flowed into the other like liquid. I am a huge fan of this author and will definitely read more of her books in the future.

As this book does not contain explicit scenes of sex (although there are some sensual ones), I highly recommend this book to teens (aged 15 upwards) and adults who love sweet contemporary romances. - Lynn Worton