notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Tamed by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 13)
Felicity E. Heaton

She’s sleeping with him.
She lied to him.
She loves him.
Can she destroy him?

Tough and invincible Maya Martin is part of Cain Jones’ paranormal crime taskforce. Her ability to manipulate water makes the South African born hydromancist an invaluable asset to the team. When AK47’s are smuggled from Mexico to Zimbabwe via Costa Rica, Maya is sent on a mission to destroy the arms and expose the syndicate. Her main suspect is the new Australian ambassador, Timothy Fardel, but the dark side of his personality is not the hidden truth Maya expected. Neither are the emotions that get in the way. Faced with honoring her oath or following her heart, Maya has to make the most difficult choice of her life.

This book contains adult content with explicit language and consummated love scenes. Suited for an adult audience.

Review 4*

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts Series. I loved it!

Maya Martin is a wonderful character. I really liked her. She is an extremely tough character; she's had to be. Growing up on the Cape Flats, a notoriously dangerous area of Cape Town, she's had to face vicious gangs and survived. Now older and working with the paranormal taskforce with her gift of hydromancy, she's on a dangerous undercover mission to destroy an arms dealing syndicate. Maya faces a battle between her heart and her head when her attraction for Timothy Fardel brings even more trouble.

Timothy Fardel is a bit of a dark horse. I really liked him. I know it sounds weird to say that considering his involvement with arms dealing. However, as I got to know him better and his secrets were revealed, I found myself liking him even more.

Having enjoyed the other three books in the series, I was eagerly looking forward to reading this one. I started reading and didn't put it down until I had finished it. The story is told through both Tim's and Maya's point of view. I would have liked to have had a little bit more from Tim's side of things. However, as the story unfolded, I could understand why the author decided not to take that path; it left Tim to be more mysterious.

It was nice to meet all the other members of the paranormal taskforce again. However, they were mostly on the peripheral edges, rather in the thick of it. It was interesting to meet Tim's bodyguards. They take their duty very seriously and are extremely loyal to Tim. I must admit that I didn't take to his secretary, Frida Adolfsson. She is very bitchy towards Maya, which I can understand, as she is also protective of Tim and doesn't want to see him hurt. However, I still found her cold at times.

There are several twists and turns that surprised me. Though none more so than when Tim's secret is revealed. I won't say what it is, as that would be a spoiler. The chemistry between Maya and Tim is extremely hot and the bedroom scenes are scorching! I reached the end of the story and it left me looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Charmaine Pauls has written an entertaining standalone erotic romance. Her characters are lifelike and come alive on the page. I love her fast paced writing style and the flow is wonderful. I would definitely consider reading more of her books in the future.

Due to the explicit nature of some of the scenes, as well as use of foul language, I do not recommend this book to readers under the age of 18. I do, however, recommend this book if you love science fiction, erotica, erotic romance or paranormal romance genres. – Lynn Worton