notrow1

Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Ever Shade: A Dark Faerie Tale

Ever Shade: A Dark Faerie Tale - Alexia Purdy When Shade meets Jack, a powerful Teleen faerie who wields electrical currents and blue fire along his skin, the world as she knows it will never be the same again. Sent on a dangerous mission by the Seelie Faerie Court, Shade will have to traverse the breathtaking landscapes of the Faerie world, which exists alongside the human one, with the most powerful warriors in Faerie. Will Shade and her companions complete their mission? Or will the evil Unseelie Queen and her allies stop them before they can?This has got to be the most fantastic faery story I've ever read! Shade is not a typical teenager. She hears voices in her head, guiding her. When the voices lead her to a warehouse and Jack, the Teleen warrior, Shade is thrown into a world where magic exists alongside the human world. The Seelie Queen sends Shade and her seven companions, Jack, Soap, Ewan, Sary, Stephen, Braelynn and Dylan, on a dangerous quest to bring back the waters of the Santiran fountains. Along the way Shade will meet an evil Dryad and several warriors of the Unseelie Queen, as they try to stop her from reaching her goal.Action and adventure abound in this novel! I was hooked from the prologue! I loved the pace and flow of the story. The action was intense. There was more than one scene where my heart was in my mouth! I'm not telling you what they were though - you're just going to have to read the book to find out what I mean! The characters are fantastic too! They have a realism that makes me think they could actually walk through my door at any moment! The descriptions of the faerie world were vivid and I could easily picture places in my mind.Alexia Purdy is a fantastic author; I am now looking forward to reading more of her books in the future. I would highly recommend this YA novel to everyone interested in faeries/action adventure.