notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments)

City of Ashes  - Cassandra Clare Clary Fray is drawn further into the underworld of demons and Shadowhunters. Clary and Jace are both still struggling with the revelation that they are related. When her friend, Simon is also drawn into this world, Clary has to make a decision that will change his life forever. Will Clary and her friends be able to stop her father from carrying out his plan?This is the second book in The Mortal Instruments series. This is a fantastic series that kept me hooked from the first page! The story continues with the Shadowhunters doing what they do best - killing demons (or trying to!). I absolutely love all the characters! We get introduced to a whole host of other characters that Clary meets: Magnus Bane (a warlock), The Faerie Queen, Luke (a werewolf and Clary's mother's friend), Maia (another werewolf), Max (Isabelle and Alec's younger brother) and Raphael (the head vampire). We also get to see the world through the eyes of the other characters. The first book was mostly from Clary's point of view. This change of perspective gives the story a wider scope, and the reader a larger understanding of the characters and their world. There were some unanswered questions from the first book that were answered in this one. But there were also more questions raised as this story unfolded. However, the story has been so masterfully written that just when you think you've got an inkling as to what is happening, Cassandra Clare pulls the rug from under your feet! There were a few twists that I didn't see coming, but that just added to the excitement of reading this book! I highly recommend this book if you love a fast paced roller-coaster ride full of action and danger!