notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

The Gates (The Resistance Trilogy, Book 2)

The Gates - Rachael Wade Review 7 out of 5This is the second book in the series by Rachael Wade and is just as fantastic as it's predecessor, if not more so!Rachael Wade is a relative newcomer to the literary world, but her creativity and prose has captured my imagination, and I was extremely excited when this book was released!The story continues with Gavin, Camille and their friends planning the downfall of Samira, the mother of all vampires, and freedom for all the people trapped behind the gates in Amaranth.I love all the characters, and they seem to come alive with Rachael's words. Gavin and Camille are still very much in love. I'm still reeling from the loss of Joel from the previous book. However, there are some old faces and some new ones too. I can say that I have taken a dislike to Scarlet, but I will leave it to you to find out why. There is plenty of action and some steamy scenes that scorch the page (which is in not too explicit), but kept me turning the pages. There is betrayal, and secrets are revealed (but not too many!). I'm now waiting impatiently for the final book in the trilogy. Rachael Wade has become one of my favourite authors and I will definitely be getting more of her books in the future. I highly recommend this book, and series, if you love a fantastic tale full of vampires, action and adventure.