notrow1

Jack Campbell
Necroscope
Brian Lumley

Wrecked

Wrecked - Anna Davies Review 7 out of 5First off, I would like to say that I LOVED the cover. It caught my eye with it's simplicity, but I think it suits this book beautifully. Secondly, I absolutely LOVED this story. I find it rare to find books about mer-folk, so to find this one made me ecstatic!Miranda is a character that I wish I could just hug! Her life has been one big tragedy after another. Instead of the support of the community after a terrible accident, she finds herself being isolated and lonely. Then she meets Christian.Christian is a fantastic character, and I could so have a huge book crush on him! If it wasn't for the fact that he is a betwixt man, and lives in the sea, he would be perfect boyfriend material!However, it's Selphie the sea witch who scares me! She's not a nice lady at all!This is Anna Davies's first novel, and it was a fantastically written piece of YA fiction that took The Little Mermaid story, twisted it and gave it a completely modern and fresh look. There are a few expletives dotted in the story, but it does not detract from the overall flow of the tale. I will certainly be on the look out for more of her books in the future. I highly recommend this YA novel if you are looking for romance/adventure with a fishy tale!