notrow1

Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Beatrice Munson

Beatrice Munson - Lorena Bathey, Melissa Brandzel, Terry Whitington Review 7*******This is a heart warming story, which touched me deeply. This book is not my usual reading material, but I can say with hand on heart that I absolutely LOVED it!Marissa Lyons is a divorced mother of two, who lives in the suburb of Vista Heights, San Martino near San Francisco. She is a wonderful mother, but when she finds out her high school nemesis, Beatrice Munson is moving in across the street, she's a nervous wreck! However, she takes the bull by the horns and goes to welcome her.Beatrice Munson is a force to be reckoned with! She is like a whirlwind, bringing new life to the staid suburb. She has a very Zen outlook, and is very colourful in her personality and her dress.I don't want to say too much and put in spoilers, but it is a fantastic book about friendship, following one's dreams, love, loss, new beginnings and family. The residents of Vista Heights are challenged and changed in ways they never thought possible.There are some wonderful characters in this book, and my favourite has to be Jeffrey. He is the sweetest, funniest, most glamorous and generous person I have ever come across. His parties are to die for!Lorena Bathey has written a witty, fast paced story that made me laugh and cry. As I have stated previously, I don't usually read this genre, but I am glad I gave this book a chance. This book is very hard to pigeon hole into any one category, so I highly recommend this book if you love a contemporary book that is highly entertaining. It does have one scene of an attempted rape, so I do not recommend it for younger readers (under 16). I am now a fan of Lorena Bathey's, and I will be on the lookout for more of her books in the future.