notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Progress: 200/200 pages
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan

Venn

Venn - Roxanne Hunter Review 7*******I was asked by the author to read this book for an honest review. And, although I had read the blurb, I was unprepared for this story to touch me the way that it did. This book is told from many points of view, which gives it an almost movie-like quality about it. However, this book is not told from Jessie's point of view, but mostly through the eyes of Venn and the doctor's. There are some other characters that have their say, and it sure makes for compelling reading! I actually found myself on Venn's side regarding his actions. However, I don't condone murder!Jessica Daniels is a victim of years of physical abuse at the hands of family members. She has been sent to an asylum for the murder of her brother. She is very quiet, and loves to draw.Venn is her alter ego. He is her protector, and the one who committed the crime for which Jessie is accused. He is violent and strong, and has an moral code that is slightly questionable, but as strange as it sounds, I liked him.This is a difficult review to do, because the subject matter is disturbing. Abuse, whether physical or mental, is never a popular subject, as it makes everyone uncomfortable. Unfortunately, there is a lot of abuse being perpetrated behind closed doors every day, and not everyone survives intact. I have never had to suffer like Jessie, but my heart goes out to those who have. I applaud Roxanne Hunter for tackling this most difficult subject with sensitivity and compassion. I can't say that I didn't enjoy the story, because I did. The flow of the story kept me turning the pages! The ending gave me chills, and made me extremely anxious to find out who "The Bad Man" is. I recommend this book if you are looking for a fantastic psychological thriller that entertains, whilst making you question everything!