notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Crescent Star (The Trihedral of Chaos Trilogy)

The Crescent Star (The Trihedral of Chaos Trilogy) - Frank A. Ruffolo I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review.This is the first book in a trilogy of novella's written by Frank Ruffolo, and it was definitely gripping!Steve Ciccone, "Chic" to his friends, is a fascinating character. He is proudly serving his country in Homeland Security, but hoping to retire soon. He is an honourable and courageous soldier, who has seen war. When a security threat is detected, Steve and his team are mobilised.This novella may only be 91 pages long, but there is a lot going on in the pages! This is a fantastic action/adventure/thriller that captures the anxiety and dread of a potential terrorist attack.There are a lot of technical terms for those of us who do not use weapons, but Frank Ruffolo has written an explanation in layman's terms along side the technical ones, and this helped me understand and enjoy the story. And what a story! This story is told from many different points of view, and I could easily "see" the story unfold as if I was watching it on television. It's not all action though. There is a budding romance and family get-together's that lighten the story. I loved the rapport between Steve, Frank "Angie" Angelo and George "Geo" Jackson (the other members of Steve's team). They are like brothers and are constantly teasing each other.I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the trilogy, The Falcon's Canticle. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a fantastic action adventure that will keep you hooked from the first page.