notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Progress: 200/200 pages
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Mad World: Epidemic (Volume 1)

Mad World: Epidemic - Samaire Provost I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review.I haven't read many zombie books, but of the handful I have read, this book stands out.Alyssa is a 17 year old who, along with her class mates, is on a class year-end trip to Broadway. She is an emotionally strong teenager, but even she is unprepared for what is about to unfold.This is a novel that captured my attention from the first page, and kept me turning the pages! The writing is fluid, and the story flowed quite well. The only issue I had was that while the characters' run a gamut of emotions, I just didn't "feel" anything for them. I don't know why. The characters were well written, but I just didn't connect emotionally with them. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the book, because I did. This book is certainly not for the squeamish! There is a shocking and sad ending to the book that made me gasp, and made me want to read the next book in the series to find out what happens next.Samarie Provost is an author to watch. She has an amazing imagination, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I recommend this book if you enjoy reading either disaster or zombie novels. - Lynn Worton (WaAR)