notrow1

Progress: 100 %
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

A Very Bad Bad Thing: an illustrated children's book inspired by a true incident of Europe's contemporary history (Volume 1)

A Very Bad Bad Thing - John C. Yiannoudis I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.This is a super children's story that I thoroughly enjoyed!Although based on a true story in Greece's past, this version is written in such a way that a child will not realise he or she is learning about history. It is almost like the old fairy tales and nursery rhymes our ancestors used to tell children to inform and educate. If we didn't have stories like these, children wouldn't learn of dangers and illnesses that affected those in the past. (Ringa Ringa of Roses comes to mind). John Yiannoudis's interpretation of Greek history during the Second World War is very entertaining, but most importantly, very educational. To be honest, I never learnt this little bit of European history in school, and it came as a bit of a surprise that it had actually happened. So, in a way, I have managed to learn a bit of history the fun way! The illustrations are fantastic! They are very colourful and will catch the eye of any child. I think the illustrator did a fabulous job capturing the story. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case, I tend to agree!I think this book would be suitable for children from the ages 4 to 8. If you have little ones, this is a fantastic story to read them at bedtime. - Lynn Worton (WaAR)