notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Book Review of Marked by an Assassin (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 8) by Felicity Heaton

Marked by an Assassin - Felicity E. Heaton

A snow leopard shifter exiled from his pride twenty years ago, Harbin treads the dark path of life as an assassin, driven by a hunger for vengeance, mercilessly hunting the Archangel members who attacked his kin, murdering his mother and sister.

When a new contract comes in and the mark is a snow leopard shifter, he can’t resist venturing into the mortal world on a personal mission to find out why one from a normally peaceful species now has a price on their head. What he finds in a rundown nightclub isn’t quite what he expects—a beautiful snow leopard female that awakens a fierce hunger inside him.

Aya has spent seventeen years living in London, immersed in the underbelly of the fae world, keeping her head down and her tail out of trouble. But when trouble walks right into her life in the form of a sinfully handsome, dangerous assassin, she is pulled into a whirlwind of events that stir up the nightmares of her past but might just give her a shot at putting those ghosts to rest—if she can resist the dark allure of a male she knows is her fated mate.

Can Harbin and Aya resist the passionate fire that blazes between them as they chase the vengeance they both crave? Or will they surrender to their deepest desires?

Review 5*

This is the eighth book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Harbin is a character that intrigued me when he popped up in Taken by a Dragon. This mysterious shifter had me wondering what his story was. When I found out his story was next in the series, I became extremely happy. I fell a little in love with this brooding man. Although, he does terrible things for a living, his vulnerability shone through. He is a assassin for hire, but when he finds out that a snow leopard shifter has a bounty on their head, he becomes intrigued and decides to take the case himself. When he meets Aya, he feels the instant pull of attraction.

Aya is a character I didn't feel a connection to. Normally, I love the female characters in these books. However, although she came across as brave, determined and sassy, I thought there was something lacking in her personality, though I can't put my finger on what. Other readers may have a different response to her. This is just my opinion.

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book. The story is told through the view points of both Harbin and Aya. Their story hooked me from the first page, and didn't let me go until I had finished it. The heat factor between these two characters is just as steamy as the other characters in this series. I love their stubborn butting of heads, which I found quite entertaining.
However, I did find the scene in the Underground i.e. the fight between the assassin, Hartt, and Kyter a little repetitive, even though it was from a Harbin's point of view this time. It did give me a deeper understanding of why the elf and the shifter clashed, though. We get to meet the other characters in the series again - Prince Loren, King Thorne, Sable, Kyter and Cavanaugh, just to name a few. We are also introduced to new characters, who bring a new dimension to the story. Hartt is an elf and head of the assassin guild and Fuery, who is also an elf, is considered tainted just like Prince Vail and works with both Hartt and Harbin. There is also a bear shifter called Rocky. I'm looking forward to finding out about their stories in the near future.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is number one on my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons and demons. - Lynn Worton