notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of Two of Them by Elodie Parkes

Two of Them - Elodie Parkes

Two brothers alike in a crucial way and not alike at all in others, both looking for love. Named after characters in one of their grandfather’s gritty spy novels, Jet and Falcon wonder if their often absent father is a spy.
Kind hearted Jet feels trapped in a job he doesn’t like.
Dynamic, creative Falcon loves his work.

Jet longs for something different in his life. When he meets Emma, he thinks that after their night of delightful lovemaking he's found it.

Jet begins to change his life, but it’s worrying and time consuming. His luck is about to change when Annabel kisses him in the local pub garden. Her sexual advances at first shock Jet until he lets himself relax into her passionate ways.

Jet has inherited a cottage from his grandfather, and as he clears out the garden shed what he finds there turns his ideas about his own family upside down.
Jet along with his brother Falcon decide to find out the secrets that have been hidden from them. Was their father a spy after all?
As Jet and Falcon start to unravel the secret life of their father, they realize that love is more important to them than they could have imagined as they travel to Australia in search of answers.

Review 2*

I was gifted a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

Jet and Falcon are identical twins. However, they both have slightly different temperaments and outlooks on life. I liked them both, but struggled to connect to them. They were somewhat one dimensional and didn't come across as believable as I would have liked.

This is a very difficult review to write, as this is my first DNF (did not finish) book ever since I began writing reviews. Having previously read one of the author's other books, Millie Reinvented, I had been looking forward to reading this one. However, I found myself disappointed. The characters were wooden, the dialogue clunky and the slow flow had me wanting to pull my hair out. I managed to get through 51% of the book (where nothing much had even happened) before calling it a night. I was getting headaches from the author's essay type writing style; I prefer that the characters tell the story but, the author wrote it as if she was narrating it. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I found this to be a little off putting. This affected the flow in my opinion and gave it a rather jerky feel. Other readers may have a different opinion, so I will leave it to you to decide for yourselves. The author does use wonderful descriptive prose, which helped me picture the scenes quite clearly. However, I have decided that this book was just not my cup of tea.

Elodie Parkes has written a story that could have been a lot better if she had changed the story into either first or third person narrative, rather than second person. However, although I wasn't very enamoured with this book, I would consider reading her other books in the future.

As I did not finish this book, I cannot say whether or not there were any explicit scenes in it. However, as I have read one of her other books that did contain some, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. I do recommend this book if you love steamy contemporary romances. - Lynn Worton