notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan

Book Review of Evernight (The Night Watchmen Series Book 2) by Candace Knoebel

Evernight (Night Watchmen, #2) - Candace Knoebel

The stunning sequel to the thrilling paranormal romance novel Everlasting!

One lie will change everything.

Faye Middleton has secured the Dagger of Retribution for the High Priesthood, but in doing so, she’s opened the door to more demands set by them. She now has to break the Holy Seal, and soon. Trapped in the alluring Ethryeal City, Faye is pushed to the breaking point trying to discover just what she is truly capable of, even if it means destroying herself in the process.

With the clock ticking down to the war between both Covens, and the truth about her parent’s mysterious disappearance within her reach, Faye is faced with tough choices that will forever change her. Will Faye be able to handle the demands from the Priesthood, and still be able to continue her search for her parents?

But more importantly, can she survive the truth she finds?

Review 5*

This is the second book in The Night Watchmen Series. I loved it!

Faye Middleton is a wonderful character, although I didn't like her very much when I first met her in Everlasting. She is a teenager with some major angst in her life. She has faced the culling and found out that she not only does she have affinity to both witch and hunter powers, she is the only one able to handle the Dagger of Retribution. Now in Ethryeal City, along with her partner Weldon, the Gramm brothers, Jaxen and Gavin, and their partners Jezzi and Cassie, she finds herself facing the biggest challenge yet. Survival.

The story is told from Faye's point of view, and takes the reader on an amazing adventure. This story reminds me a little of Divergent, although there is no real similarity between them apart from a spunky heroine. There are some new characters introduced in this tale and we get to meet Clara Ravensmoore, Mack's witch partner. I took a real dislike to this character. She cold, cruel, calculating and ambitious. She pushes, torments and forces Faye to do things, but Faye is equally determined to succeed. I really wanted Faye to stand up to her more and when she does, I cheered!

There is excitement, danger and adventure aplenty in this book, with lots of twists and turns and more than a few surprises. The relationship between Faye and Jaxen is as hot as ever and is a smoldering cinder that could burst into flame at any moment - the sexual tension between the two is that palpable. The end of the story has a surprising twist for a cliffhanger, but it does give the reader the feeling that there are some unfinished loose ends that require tying up in the next book in the series. I am most definitely looking forward to reading it as soon as possible!

Candace Knoebel has written a fantastic sequel in this YA paranormal romance series. I loved her writing style, which is fast paced and it flowed wonderfully. I haven't read her other series, Born In Flames Trilogy yet, but having read this book, I will definitely be doing so at the earliest opportunity!

I highly recommend this book if you love YA paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton