notrow1

Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Book Review of Revenge: The Guardian Book 3 by Gillian Joy

Revenge: The Guardian Book 3 - Lynn Worton, Gillian Joy

Hannah finally has everything she wants out of life, devoted friends, a loving family, and the man of her dreams. Or does she? Life is never easy when you are the “Guardian” of all the supernatural beings, but surely this much heartache is more than one person was ever meant to have to contend with?
The Nephilim are on the hunt again but this time it’s not only the vampires they are hunting; and knowing that Hannah is still on the lookout for a new Custas, why would the witches be willing to work in conjunction with them? Then there’s Gabriel; after waiting for centuries to be with Hannah, what could possibly ever entice him to want to kill her. With all the supernatural issues she has to contend with how is it even possible a human could be any sort of a threat to the family life Hannah has built up.
For over three centuries, one thing has been Hannah’s main driving force, but is it even possible for her to ever track Phelip down and get the final Revenge, and the final peace she has been hunting for.

Review 4*

This is the third and concluding book in the Guardian Trilogy. I loved it!

I had the great honour of being one of the few people to read this book in it's raw form whilst editing it. This review is my own honest opinion and I have not received remuneration for it.

Hannah is a fantastic character. I liked her from the first time I met her in the first book, Guardian. She is the Venatorcustos, Guardian of all supernatural beings. She has not had an easy life, but now that she is able to stay with the love of her life, Gabriel, she can focus her attention on locating Phelip. However, will she be able to go through with her plan of revenge for the death of her mother all those years ago?

I have been waiting not so patiently for this book to be written. However, it was certainly worth the wait! The story is told through the eyes of Hannah. It has been a pleasure to watch her growth as a character throughout the series. She has faced pain and loss in the past, but the challenges she faces in the present is no less dangerous.
I loved meeting all the characters again, such as Bernard, Jonathan, Jesse, Sam and Gabriel, though there are some new characters introduced. These characters bring a new dynamic into the story. However, I felt that some of them were not as well developed or utilized as they could have been. Skye, River and Tea are sisters who happen to be witches. While Skye is the oldest and interacts with Hannah and the rest of the characters more, I would have liked to have seen a little more of River and Tea. However, that being said, I loved the interaction between Hannah and Gabriel, after all it is a romance story! Their story is the backbone to this tale. They have had to face several supernatural stumbling blocks, as well as roadblocks throughout the years and, although Hannah is a lovely character, she sure can be stubborn and old fashioned at times!

This story took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. There are several twists and turns in this story that I didn't see coming, as well as a few surprises that made me laugh. But, there are also some scenes that had me in tears. Though this book is titled Revenge, I didn't get the impression that this is what the book was about. "Revenge is best served cold", so they say, but I felt that Hannah lost her thirst for it and let others carry out the hard work for her. I get that she made a promise, but did she make the right choice? I don't know. I'm still chewing that thought over. I'll leave it to you to make up your own mind, if you decide to read this book that is!

Gillian Joy has written a fantastic Young Adult supernatural/paranormal romance. I love her fast paced writing style and the flow was wonderful. I'm now looking forward to reading anything written by this author.

Although there is mention of sex, it is not explicit or shown. This is a fantastic story and I highly recommend you read this book if you love YA supernatural/paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton