notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Tamed by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 13)
Felicity E. Heaton
Coreene Callahan
Fifty Shades of Grey
E.L. James

First Bitten: The Alexandra Jones series Book 1

First Bitten: The Alexandra Jones series Book 1 - Samantha Towle Whilst walking home after drowning her sorrows with her best friend Carrie, Alexandra Jones takes a phone call from her cheating ex-boyfriend. In her anger, she hurls her phone into the forest before her. When she goes to retrieve it, Alex and Carrie come face to face with a monster. He's a Vârcolac (a nightmarish vampire-werewolf hybrid), looking for fresh blood.The next thing she knows, Alex is staring at the face of an impossibly handsome and mysterious man. Nathan helps Alex to recover, but not back to the life she knew before. Can Alex, being the only female Vârcolac, escape from being used by the other Vârcolac's for breeding purposes? Will Alex and Nathan be able to be together?I loved this story! It has an originality to it. For a start, it's set in England. Most stories I've read recently are set in America. Samantha Towle has written a wonderful story. Alexandra is completely terrified to find out what she has become. I could feel her depression as she tries to come to terms with the death of her friend. Nathan is a great male character. He has a strong personality that all alpha males should have. Being a shape-shifter helps too! As this is a series, this first book deals with Alex's attack and subsequent transformation. There were moments in this story that touched me deeply, and I had to resort to using tissues. The ending was poignant and left me wanting to know what Alex was planning to do next! A word of warning: This book contains strong language and, as such, I don't recommend this book for younger readers. However, if you are looking for a great story to read, I highly recommend you read this one. I'm now looking forward to reading the remaining books in this series.