notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Sacrifice (Gryphon Series)

Sacrifice (The Gryphon Series) - Stacey Rourke Review 6******I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.This is the third book in the Gryphon Series. I absolutely LOVED it!Celeste Garrett has come to terms with being The Conduit of the Gryphon. She is a fantastic character, and a true leader. In this book she also has to make some huge decisions that impact her life, and of those close to her. However, there's a wedding to prepare for, not to mention demons to defeat!When I received this book, I knew I was in for a wild ride. However, I was totally unprepared, and devastated, by what was to come! Celeste's sacrifice left me in tears! However, her bravery in doing the right thing has increased my admiration of her. This book is not all doom and gloom though! There are some fantastic lighthearted moments that had me giggling. I especially loved the scene with Celeste, Kendall, Grams and the jello shots - although things get pretty hairy after that! There is a lot of action scenes in this book, and a plot twist or two that caught me completely by surprise! I got to meet the Dark Army Glee Club again, which made me smile. I don't know why, considering they are working for the Countess. *shrugs shoulders* Maybe it's because they seem innocuous and not evil. However, that could be a guise. I'll just have to wait and see.I am definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series, after that cliffhanger of an ending! Stacey Rourke has written another fast paced novel, which I struggled to put down! I love her writing style. Her characters come alive with wit, charm and sarcasm. I am pleased to call her one of my favourite authors. I highly recommend this book (and series) if you are looking for a fantastic YA romance novel with a difference. - Lynn Worton (WaAR)