notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

Ember (Ember #1)

Ember (Ember #1) - Madison Daniel Max Valentine is 18 years old. He has become an orphan, and has come to live with his uncle in Maui. He is an unusual person, as he is able to generate and control fire from his fingertips. He meets a mysterious, blue eyed girl called Asia Michaels. He also meets his uncle's colleague's daughter, Samantha Summers. Just when he thinks his life couldn't get any more complicated, it does. He begins to have feelings for both girls. Can he make the right decision, or will his be heart broken?Ember is the d├ębut novel by Madison Daniel. It is a fantastic tale of love, loss and heartbreak that took me on a thrilling ride!Max Valentine is an interesting character. He is only 18 years old, but he has been through so much. His family is almost all gone. His uncle Frank offers him the chance to stay with him on the island of Maui to finish off his education. Max loves music, and will play his guitar and sing when he has a chance. He also has a unique talent. He can create heat, and set himself on fire.Madison Daniel has written a compelling story that tugged on my heart strings. I loved every moment of this story! Max's confusion and anguish is quite palpable as he tries to reconcile his feelings towards Asia and Samantha. Asia and Samantha are both interesting characters too; They are polar opposites. I think this is why Max loves them both. The interaction between the characters kept me hooked! As I came to the end of the book, I decided that Madison Daniel is an author to keep an eye on. I think if his next novel, Downpour, is as good as this one, then he has the biggest fan friend in me! I highly recommend this book if you love a fantastic YA story full of teenage angst with a paranormal twist!