notrow1

Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Illumine: 1

Illumine  - Alivia Anders I won a copy of this book from the author in a competition a while ago, but have only now managed to get to read it. I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner!Essallie is a normal teenager, or so she thinks. When her boyfriend is murdered, her world is turned upside down. Essallie is a confused teenager, who finds out that she is not normal. She is not as tough as some heroine characters I have read, but her strength is evident in her ability to resist Kayden, the demon conjured to kill her. However, I liked her character very much. She has a lot of spunk, and I am looking forward to watch her gain confidence in her abilities as the series continues.Kayden is a demon summoned to kill Essallie. However, Kayden discovers that he is unable to touch Essallie. This makes him curious. He is an enigmatic character. Even though he's a demon, I found myself liking him. When he first meets Essallie, it isn't the most pleasant one, but it was sure memorable!By the time I finished reading this book, I was actually routing for Kayden and Essallie! I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Obumbrate, to find out what will happen next!Alivia Anders has written a very fast paced story that kept me turning the pages. I have read a lot of angel/demon books over the years, and I can definitely say that this book has a uniqueness to it that is refreshing. The first scene where Essallie and Kayden meet was quite disturbing and graphic, so if you are a bit squeamish, I wouldn't recommend this book. However, if you didn't read it, you would be missing out. This YA paranormal book is a fantastic read, and I highly recommend it if you love stories with action, adventure, angels and demons.