notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Illumine: 1

Illumine  - Alivia Anders I won a copy of this book from the author in a competition a while ago, but have only now managed to get to read it. I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner!Essallie is a normal teenager, or so she thinks. When her boyfriend is murdered, her world is turned upside down. Essallie is a confused teenager, who finds out that she is not normal. She is not as tough as some heroine characters I have read, but her strength is evident in her ability to resist Kayden, the demon conjured to kill her. However, I liked her character very much. She has a lot of spunk, and I am looking forward to watch her gain confidence in her abilities as the series continues.Kayden is a demon summoned to kill Essallie. However, Kayden discovers that he is unable to touch Essallie. This makes him curious. He is an enigmatic character. Even though he's a demon, I found myself liking him. When he first meets Essallie, it isn't the most pleasant one, but it was sure memorable!By the time I finished reading this book, I was actually routing for Kayden and Essallie! I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Obumbrate, to find out what will happen next!Alivia Anders has written a very fast paced story that kept me turning the pages. I have read a lot of angel/demon books over the years, and I can definitely say that this book has a uniqueness to it that is refreshing. The first scene where Essallie and Kayden meet was quite disturbing and graphic, so if you are a bit squeamish, I wouldn't recommend this book. However, if you didn't read it, you would be missing out. This YA paranormal book is a fantastic read, and I highly recommend it if you love stories with action, adventure, angels and demons.