notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Cold in California

Cold in California - Deborah Riley-Magnus I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review.This is a very unique take on the vampire paranormal genre, and I found myself loving it!Gabriel Strickland is wonderful character. Even for a vampire, he has standards and rules he follows as if he is human. He is a gentleman and a loner, feeding only to survive. When he is "killed" for the second time in a freak accident, things get very interesting!Dori Gallagher is also a wonderful character. She has a gift for helping people. When she meets Gabriel, the attraction is mutual and sparks fly!This book is a delight to read! I fell in love with all the characters, even the bad vampires (some not as bad as others). The warlock was downright creepy! The other characters brought their own issues and intrigues into the story, which was very fast paced and kept me turning the pages to find out what would happen next! Deborah Riley-Magnus has written a wonderful Urban Paranormal Fantasy that thoroughly kept me entertained. The book finished on a cliffhanger that has whetted my appetite to find out what's going to happen in the next book of the series, and me thinking "Whoa! I didn't see that coming!". There is a fair amount of expletives and mention of sex in this book, so I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a totally unique vampire novel to read beside the pool, or on the beach, or anywhere really! - Lynn Worton (WaAR)