notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Stained: Stained Series: 1

Stained: Stained Series (Volume 1) - Ella James When a fire set by a half-demon destroys her home and kills her foster parents, Julia finds herself alone and scared. Whilst hiding, she meets Cayne. Cayne is a hunter and has been chasing the half-demon down for his own reasons. They join forces and begin hunting the half-demon together.I loved reading this story. Julia's character has been through the wars. She is an orphan who has been in a lot of foster homes. She finds a family worth staying with, only to have them cruelly ripped away by a fire. Cayne is a mysterious, enigmatic character. He is a bit of a loner and is not happy to take Julia with him, but he knows that the half-demon will not let Julia live.Ella James has created a world that is scary, but believable. Her characters go through a gamut of emotions; and I went through the emotions with them.I recommend this book to everyone who likes to read YA paranormal adventure/romance. I'm definitely reading the next book in the series, Stolen, which is due for release in February this year. - Lynn Worton (WaAR)