notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Progress: 200/200 pages
Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan

The Scream

The Scream - Ruth Calder Murphy, Matthew Taylor Sam Roden is an enigma. He has no memory of who he is, where he is going or where he's been. He wakes up on a train bound for who knows where. He ends up in a village on the English coast. There he meets Pierre, a French man investigating a murder. As they proceed with the case, Sam begins to ask questions about mortality. Will Sam remember who he is, and help solve a brutal murder?I was intrigued with the premise of this book. If you didn't know who you were, where you are from or where you were going, how would you begin to go about solving a murder? This story is fantastic! It is a detective story that kept me enthralled! It is a short story of 144 pages, but as I followed Sam and Pierre as they tried to gather the facts of a murder, I got to see things through Sam's eyes as if for the first time; because he had no memory, everything was fresh and new. The story was woven so extremely well that I didn't see the twist near the end until I began to read it! It sent a slight chill up my back! It surprised me for a bit, but when I thought about it, it made sense. This book has a message about mortality and forgiveness, and has a spiritual/religious undertone. However, I would highly recommend this book to everyone, as it is a beautifully crafted piece of fiction. I applaud the authors of this book, and I hope there will be more books from them soon!