notrow1

Fury of Surrender
Coreene Callahan
Progress: 100 %

Insurgent

Insurgent  - Veronica Roth Review 7 out of 5Tris has survived the brutal attack that the Erudite had instigated against the Abnegation. Travelling with Tobias, Caleb, Marcus and Peter, she arrives at the Amity compound. Full of grief and guilt, Tris becomes more reckless in her choices. When they are betrayed by one of their own, Tris is devastated. Can Tris find the strength to discover the truth, when the truth may lead to more shocking discoveries and choices to make?This is the second book in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, and I have been eagerly awaiting it's release! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! Once I started reading it, I struggled to put it down!The story starts directly from the end of the first book, and sees Tris, Tobias (Four), Caleb, Marcus and Peter travelling on the train towards the Amity compound. Although not welcomed with open arms, they are allowed to rest and recover from their wounds. I will not go into much detail, as I do not want to spoil it for those yet to read Divergent. However, I will say that this book got my adrenalin pumping, and there are some extremely shocking twists that made me gasp! The story is just as fast paced and exciting as Divergent, if not more so. Tris is still only 16, but she has had to make some very adult decisions that I would struggle with myself. I love her tenacity, but she has become a bit reckless and puts herself in danger.Veronica has written a fantastic story that takes the reader on a journey of epic proportions! The scenery of a dystopian Chicago is described in such a way that it seems believable. I would sincerely hope that occurrences that are described in this book never come to be true! However, I highly recommend this Dystopian YA novel to everyone (boy or girl, man or woman). If you haven't read Divergent, please do so, you will be in for the ride of your life! I am now looking forward to reading the next installment, and hope it will be released soon!