notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

Book Review of Saving Eve by Dianna Hardy

Saving Eve - Dianna Hardy

Author's Note: Saving Eve is the story of what happened to Lucifer after The Last Dragon (The Witching Pen series) - the only character who had a 'loose thread' in that series. If you haven't read The Witching Pen series, stop now and read no further. Read that first. I tried really hard (too hard, actually) to make this book readable for all, but just as with The Last Dragon (for which I had the same intention), I failed. Lucifer's personality, hinted at story, and the creation myth set up in that series proved to be too complex to explain all over again, in this book's context, without losing some of the intensity of this story and making things more complicated than they needed to be. So, the end result is that Saving Eve - even though not directly part of the arc of The Witching Pen series - is truly one for Witching Pen fans, and in particular, for those who had a soft spot for Lucifer, the first angel to fall. It begins at the point we left Lucifer in The Last Dragon...

Amid long, wild grass, a snake slithers, hidden.
Hidden until a man opens his eyes...

Awaking with amnesia in St Mary's Hospital, after a near-fatal freak accident, he is known only as Luc. With the help of Evie Gold, the kind, young woman who found him, he starts a new life - a second chance, a clean slate.

A bond burgeons between them.

But disturbing dreams of dark deeds become waking recountings. A blackness is uncoiling - seductive, familiar and dangerously provocative.

An ancient craving stirs; an old addiction rises.

Nothing is as it seems, and as reality crumbles, Luc finds himself asking, not just who he is, but...

Who is Evie?

From the author of the international bestselling Witching Pen series, Dianna Hardy takes a seed from The Last Dragon, and brings you an existential story of two beings in search of completion.

Length: Short novel at just over 40,000 words.
Written in British English.

Review 5*

This is the fifth and final book, and also a spin off of the Witching Pen Series. I loved it!

Luc (or Lucifer) is a completely interesting character. He intrigued me in The Last Dragon, as he is not evil, but as a Fallen Angel, darkness surrounds him. He feeds on the pain and suffering of humans, but he has always loved Eve. This is his story of what happened to him after the dragon awoke and changed the world forever.

Evie is a wonderful character. I am glad to get to know her better. She is the head of the research and analysis team in Earth Sciences at Oxford University. When she finds a stranger, hurt and suffering with amnesia, she feels responsible for him and takes him into her home.

When I heard the author was writing this story, I became very excited. I love The Witching Pen series and Lucifer's story is most definitely the icing on the cake! I was completely hooked from beginning to end. The story starts ten years after the dragon's awakening and the Earth has seen major climate change due to the constant earthquakes that have rumbled ever since. I love how the story follows both Luc and Evie as they try to figure things out and is told from both of their perspectives. Hang on to your hats though, because this is not a typical romance novel! There are several twists and turns that surprised me completely - I was in shock at some of the revelations towards the end of the story. This book took me on an emotional roller coaster ride! It made me laugh and it made me cry. I love both of these characters and, though they are only fictional, they seem to be as real as you and me. I feel sad that this series has come to an end, but I have loved every minute that I have spent with all of the characters of the series. The author has tied all of the events the characters had to face in the series into an amazing journey. I will miss them all, but I can always visit them within the pages of the books on my Kindle.

Dianna Hardy is a fantastic author! I am a HUGE fan of hers! I love her writing style, which is fast paced and fluid, and the flow of the story is wonderful. Her characters are flawed, but this makes them extremely lifelike and likable in my eyes.

As this book contains scenes of explicit sex, I do not recommend this book for readers younger than 17. However, I HIGHLY recommend this book (PLEASE read the Witching Pen novella's and The Last Dragon first though!) if you love erotic paranormal romances full of sexy demons, angels and witches! Oh, and dragons! - Lynn Worton