notrow1

Josh Anvil and the Indomitable Power
Kallie Ennever, John Albers, Bruce E. Arrington
The Vampire's Accidental Wife
Kristen Painter
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls Book 7)
Kristen Painter
Sci-fi Nights: Alpha bad boys & wild girls of futuristic romance
Mina Carter, Bianca D'Arc, Jessa Slade, Cathryn Cade, Calinda B
Release By Treaty
Travis Luedke, Kayla Stonor
Jimmy Threepwood And The Veil of Darkness
Rich Pitman
Captured Innocence (CSA Case Files)
Kennedy Layne
The Darkest Night
Gena Showalter
Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company)
Ruby Lionsdrake

Book Review of Raven (Legends Saga Book 2) by Stacey Rourke

Raven (Legends Saga ) (Volume 2) - Stacey Rourke

An infamous love, destined nevermore,
For death could not claim, the enchanting Lenore.

Cursed by the malevolent spirit of the Headless Horseman, Ireland Crane ventures to Manhattan in search of a way to break her soul crushing bond. Instead, she discovers the lines between fact and fiction are blurring once more. Croaking ravens. Telltale hearts. Could the works of Poe be coming to pass with handsome Wall Street Midas Ridley Peolte as their unwilling target?

She walks the Earth, a plague on mankind,
searching for he, her rotted heart doth pine.

Together, the two unknowingly release a dark force death itself could not tame. Surrounded by the unrelenting violence and mayhem they’ve unleashed, Ireland feels her control over the Horseman slipping. Before the beast within consumes her, she and her crew must follow the clues of the dead to right a centuries’ old wrong. Will it be enough to sate the Horseman’s appetite?

Hell hath no fury like a ghoul scorned.

Review 5*****

This is the second book in the Legends Saga. I absolutely LOVED it!

Ireland Crane is twenty four years old and a relation of Ichabod Crane of Sleepy Hollow fame. I liked this stubborn, witty woman very much. She is still struggling with having the spirit of the Horseman inhabiting her body. Whilst looking for answers she meets Ridley Peolte, who finds he has a curse of his own.

I have been eagerly waiting the release of this book. I was not disappointed. I was hooked from the first page. This story is slightly different compared to the first one, as it is not as focused on Ireland so much. Instead the story is based on Edgar Allen Poe and his love of his life, Lenore. The story flashes between scenes in his past and shows his life from childhood to adulthood. Was Poe mad? Was he cursed? Or did he have a gift? Who knows, but the author has created a wonderful story that delves into his world.

It was also wonderful to meet Noah Van Tassel and Rip van Winkle again. I know it's cruel to laugh at someone like Rip who has stress induced narcolepsy, but the scene in the art gallery was definitely worth a giggle/snort! The story is told through various view points, but mostly though Edgar Allen Poe, Ireland and Ridley's eyes. The story has action and adventure, death and murder, but there is also romance. The characters' are very lifelike and the heroine is full of wit and sarcasm, which I like. There are several twists and turns that surprised me in places, and one huge scene that completely had me in tears; I was absolutely shocked. It has amazed me at how quickly these characters have burrowed under my skin. This motley crew of characters have become my friends. The ending has a huge twist that I didn't see coming, and now I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series as soon as it has been written. Note to the author: Hurry up please! But also take your time because, just like good wine, the book needs time to reach perfection.

Stacey Rourke has written a fantastic dark fantasy, which is slightly darker than her YA Gryphon series. I love her writing style, which is fast paced, and the story flows wonderfully. I was worried that the scenes between past and present would make it seem jumpy and disconnected, but I'm glad to say that it wasn't. I am a huge fan of this author, and she is near the top of my Favourite Author's list.

Although this is not really a YA story, I highly recommend this book to teens aged 15+ and adults who love dark fantasy. - Lynn Worton