notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Book Review of Treasured by a Tiger (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 14) by Felicity Heaton

Treasured by a Tiger - Felicity E. Heaton

Despised by his tiger shifter pride as an abomination, Grey has ventured far from home, deep into the bowels of Hell in search of answers about the machinations of Archangel, the mortal hunter organisation who held his twin captive. With no knowledge of the realm, and little skill with the local languages, he quickly finds himself at a dead end—until he crosses paths with a beautiful hellcat female who rouses his darkest most dangerous instincts.

Lyra has been a fool, falling for the charms of a male whose only desire was to make a fast buck by selling her. Shackled and collared, her strength muted by magic, she awaits her time on the stage at a black-market auction, but before it can come, all hell breaks loose and she seizes a chance to escape—and runs straight into a majestic warrior who steals her breath away and tempts her like no other as he battles alone to free everyone.

When Lyra offers her services as a translator to repay Grey for saving her, will he be strong enough to resist the needs she awakens in him and spare himself the pain of her inevitable rejection when she discovers the truth about him? And when the powerful male in charge of the slave ring starts a bloody hunt for Lyra, can she escape another collar and find the courage to trust the tiger who is capturing her heart?

Review 5*

This is the fourteenth book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Grey is a wonderful character. Having met him in Turned by a Tiger and then again in Tamed by a Tiger, I am glad that the author has chosen to tell his story, as I really liked him. As Talon's twin and Maya's brother, Grey has been plagued by his prides' attitude and disdain to his different colouring for most of his life. Rather than being the usual orange and black, Grey is a white tiger. Unfortunately, the constant disapproval of being different has left his self-esteem really low, and this story sees him struggling to adjust to freedom from his duties as a bodyguard/guardian of the pride now that Maya has a mate. I must admit that I wanted to shake Grey (or bash him over the head) for believing that he was an abomination, but since he's fictional, this would pose a problem. He volunteers to go into Hell to track down the secret behind the door hidden in Archangel's basement for his brother Talon. What he didn't expect was to meet a beguiling Hell Cat.

Lyra is also a wonderful character and I really liked her too. She is a Hell Cat who finds herself captured when she trusted the wrong man and is being sold at a shifter auction. When a white tiger appears at the slave auction and rescues her, she decides to thank him by helping him as a translator, then realises that he is her fated mate.

I absolutely love the Eternal Mates world. I started to read this book and I was quickly pulled in. It kept me riveted from beginning to end.

The story is told through the eyes of both Grey and Lyra, which gives the reader a chance to see their thoughts and feelings. The characters living within the Eternal Mates universe have a strength within them that helps them to survive. However, they also have flaws and fears, which makes them lifelike and relatable. The heat between the main characters blazes white hot on the pages, and left me breathless at times with their intensity. There are several twists and turns that I didn't see coming, and there is an amazing fight scene with a Fallen Angel that took my breath away. I said in my review of Tamed by a Tiger that there should have been more of the story arc in it. However, this book certainly brings the story arc back into focus a little more, and there's a revelation that gives the story more direction which, I think, was missing in the previous book. We are also introduced to a dragon called Brink, whom I felt sorry for. Will he play a role in the next book of the series? I do not know, though I hope so. If not, I have a feeling that his story may be the climax of the series as the story arc seems to be heading in that direction. When I reached the end of the book, I was slightly disappointed that it had concluded. Even though it ended in a HEA, I wanted to keep reading! However, the mystery that surrounds Archangel and what is hidden behind that door has me looking forward to finding out what happens next.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her fast paced writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is on top of my favourite author's list.

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons, demons and demonesses. - Lynn Worton