notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

NEST: Retribution
David J Antocci
Progress: 100 %
Jarek (Scifi Alien Weredragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 1)
Erin Tate, Celia Kyle
Coreene Callahan

Book Review of Sleepwalker (Branches of Emrys Book 1) by Brandy L Rivers

Sleepwalker (Branches of Emrys Book 1) - Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

He haunted her dreams.

Savon Roantree loved and lost the man she planned to marry. Nathan Taggert disappeared, taking her heart with him and her world fell apart. His father refused to tell her what happened to Nate. Broken-hearted she left, planning to never return to Silvertail Ridge and tried to move on.

After a bad break-up, she finally gives in to her brother’s pleas to move back home. She never expected Nate was living next door once more.

Nothing changed for Nate, not when it came to Savon.

A tragic accident tore them apart. By the time he recovered, she was gone. When his father threatened to kill Savon if he ever went to her, he did the only thing he could—followed in her dreams. No matter how hard he tried to reach her, she always ran. She even ignored his best friend, her own brother.

Twelve years later, he finally has a chance to right all the wrongs—if she’ll listen.

Silvertail Ridge has changed since they were kids. Both families have been pulled into an ancient battle.

Together they may stand a chance.

Review 5*

This is the first book in a new series, Branches of Emrys. I loved it!

Savon Roantree is a wonderful character. I liked her a lot. She is an artist who also happens to be part Sylvan Fae and Sorceress. She is able to control wild animals, as well as other sorcerers' familiars. She can also speak to the spirits of the dead. Twelve years ago, she fell in love with Nathan Taggart, but he broke her heart and she left home. After her brother convinces her to return home, she finds herself facing her past once more when she comes face to face with the man who claimed her heart.

Nathan (Nate) Taggart is also a wonderful character. I liked him a lot too. He is a dreamwalker and werewolf, and also happens to be a surgeon. Twelve years ago his life changed when a terrible accident ripped him from the love of his life. With his father's threat hanging over his head, Nate let Savon go, but now she's back and he's determined to convince her to give them another chance. However, danger is not very far away and ancient family secrets could tear them apart for good.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author with no expectation of a positive review.

I was eager to begin reading this book as I love the Others of Edenton and Others of Seattle series of books. This new series is an off-shoot of the Edenton series (though not sure if it also includes the Seattle side as I haven't had a chance to read all of the books in that series yet) and contains some old faces, as well as the new ones. Liz, Tremaine, Robert and Preston all make a welcome return. I must admit that I also liked meeting Savon's brother, Bran. He is also a wonderful character. He has his mother's Sylvan magic, but was turned into a werewolf after being shot.

The story is a mix of romance, magic and danger, and takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster ride from start to finish. I must admit that I raced through the pages as I was completely gripped by the story. The story is told through the eyes of both Savon and Nate, so the reader gets to see their thoughts and feelings. Although this is the first book in the series, I felt like I was meeting up with friends. This is because I have grown to love the world in which these characters live. This book has all the hallmarks of being another fantastic series. Savon and Nate have to overcome a heartbreaking past, but it's the future and what the secret group, Branches of Emrys, face that intrigues me now. I'm looking forward to finding out how the story arc develops and how the sub-plots fit in.

The story doesn't end in a cliffhanger, though it left me wanting to read the next book in the series as soon as I can.

Brandy L. Rivers has written an intriguing start to a new series. I love her fast paced writing style, and the flow is wonderful. Her characters are lifelike and likeable. With her ability to write in both the paranormal and contemporary romance genres, she is one of my go to authors when I'm in the mood for a sexy read.

Due to explicit scenes of a sexual nature, I do not recommend this book to readers under the age of 18. However, I do recommend this book if you love hot erotic paranormal romances full of werewolves, vampires, fae, druids etc. - Lynn Worton