notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

Book Review of Bad War (A Military Paranormal Romance) by Summer Cooper & Stephen Kingston

Bad War (A Military Paranormal Romance) - Stephen Kingston, Summer Cooper

Zebadiah

Vietnam has taken my friends and almost my life.

Some days, I wish that I had died on that battlefield with them, at least they won’t have to deal with the humiliation I’m about to face when I get sent home.

What’s Mary going to say about her wounded husband?

How am I going to give her the life I promised her now?

She deserves better...

Mary

All I wanted was a chance to see him again, to spend another night of passion with him.

That day is finally here!

The day that I’ve most looked forward to, but also the day that I’ve most dreaded.

Now he’s coming home, I’ll do everything in my power to make him the happiest man on the planet… for as long as I can… whatever it takes.

Author's Note: This beautiful paranormal romance is not your usual military romance! The story contains mature language and themes, intended for adults only.

Bonus books included in this copy for very limited time.

Review 3*

This is an intriguing romance story. I did enjoy the story but with some reservations.

Zebadiah Rasnake is a really intriguing character. I really liked him a lot. He is a soldier fighting in the Vietnam war, but after being injured he is sent home to rest and recuperate. Waiting to take care of him is his wife Mary and baby Joshua.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author with no expectation of a favourable review.

I started to read this story and was quickly pulled in. It is told mostly from Zebadiah's POV, although there are some scenes from Mary's POV, as well as another character called Cherokee Joe, who also has a part to play in this tale.

I felt deeply for Zebadiah as he dealt with his injuries. However, as I began to delve deeper into this story, I found myself thinking that this story is not your typical paranormal romance. It's more of a supernatural one. There are no shifters, but there are two people who love each other so much that even death can't keep them apart (think ghosts). I don't want to give too much away because there are several twists to keep things interesting. However, I did find some of the dialogue a little stilted and forced at times; it didn't seem to flow naturally. Having said that, I found myself turning the pages in eagerness to see what would happen next. The story took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. The ending was not totally unexpected, but I was a little dissatisfied with it even though it concluded neatly. My first thought after reading the book was: Is that it? In some ways this book, although entertaining, just didn't float my boat. I am sure other readers may not have the same reaction and will enjoy this book more than I did.

Summer Cooper and Stephen Kingston have co-written an intriguing romance. Their writing style is relatively fast paced, and the flow of the story is okay. However, I feel they need to work on their dialogue a little more to make it flow more naturally.

Due to scenes of an explicit sexual nature, I do not recommend this book to young readers. However, I recommend this book if you love reading contemporary or supernatural/paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton