notrow1

Book Reviews by Lynn

The Callback (Love Behind the Scenes Book 1)
Brandy L. Rivers
Gamma Raiders: The Space Pirate Prince: Alien Alpha Science Fiction Romance
Calista Skye
Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1)
Susan Stoker
Watcher's Web: Return of the Aghyrians
Patty Jansen
Spellbound
Patricia Simpson
Dreams of Change (Branches of Emrys Book 2)
Emily A. Lawrence, Brandy L. Rivers

Walking Disaster: A Novel

Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire Review 6 ******I borrowed this book from a friend to read, and I enjoyed it so much, I just had to write a review!Abby Abernathy is a fantastic character. She is an eighteen year old college student, but she has a secret past. When she meets Travis Maddox, the sparks fly as she resists his advances.Travis is a great guy, but he's VERY popular with the ladies! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!). He's charming and suave, but he can be extremely deadly with his fists. He fights to win college money. He is intrigued by Abby's resistance to his charm, and makes a bet that will alter both their lives.This book is a fantastic YA romance that had me smiling a lot, but it also had me shed a few tears. I fell in love with all the characters, but I liked America (Mere), Abby's friend and confidant. She is quite spunky and has a quick wit. Parker made a nice foil for a love triangle, but I think that his character was a bit weak. He could have had a bit more depth to him. However, having said that, Abby and Travis are like WOW together!There is a lot of teen angst and drinking going on, as well as the mention of sex and sexual acts, but they are not overtly erotic and don't go into great detail. All in all, this is one book that I found to be an extremely engaging read that had me glued to the pages! I highly recommend this book, but to those over the age of 16 only. Now I have read this book, I'm considering getting this authors next book for myself!